English Conditionals - Modals




Could

Could is used for options.
It is the conditional form of “can”Example: If I had more money, I could buy a new car.
Or….I could buy a house; I could buy a boat, etc.
If I were older I could drive. (Have the ability)



Might

Might is used to show something that is only probable. It is maybe in conditional.
Example: If I won the lottery, I might travel. However, I don’t know for sure. I might also buy a house.


Should
Should is used to show what is the right thing to do, or for advice.
Example: If you find a wallet, you should return it to the owner.



Would
Would is normally the decision you make.

Example: If I found a wallet, I could return it or keep it. I should return it. However, I would keep the money and return the wallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment